Home / Addiction Screening Tools / Greenfield Video Game Addiction Test (GVGAT)
1. Do you feel a loss of control (the ability to stop playing) when using video games?
2. When you are not using video games, are you are preoccupied with the game (e.g. thinking about it, reliving past experiences, planning your next time to use it, or thinking of when you’ll next have access to the game)?
3. Do you find that you spend greater amounts of time on video games to achieve satisfaction similar to your earlier use?
4. Do you find yourself seeking more stimulating (e.g. exciting, new, more challenging) video games?
5. Have you had repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, limit, or cut back your video game use?
6. Do you find yourself restless or irritable when attempting to (or forced to) cut down or stop using video games?
7. Are you using a video game as a way of escaping from problems or relieving a bad mood, (e.g. boredom, frustration, anxiety, anger, or depression, etc.)?
8. After spending what you consider an excessive amount of time on a video game, and vowing not to do so again, do you find yourself doing so again soon after?
9. Do you find yourself lying to family members, friends, therapists, or others to conceal the extent of your involvement with video games?
10. Do you find yourself committing illegal, harmful, or self-defeating acts related to your use of video games?
11. Have you jeopardized, impacted, or lost an educational opportunity, relationship, or job because of your use of video games?
12. Has your work or academic performance been reduced as a direct or indirect result of playing video games?
13. Have you experienced any health or medical problems as a result of your video game use?
14. Do you watch YouTube or other video streams of people playing video games?
15. If your parents or someone else removes your computer, tablet, Smartphone, or gaming console, do you experience anger or irritation?
16. Have you ever experienced a loss of sleep related to your video game use?
17. Do any of your friends or family think you have a problem with your video game use?
18. Do you lose track of time when using video games?
We’re here for you.
Call us at 866-277-1413 or
Contact us today