Home / Addiction Screening Tools / Child Technology Test: Are Your Children Too Connected?
1. Do you find your child spending more time online or on their screens (computer, laptop, tablet, video game or Smartphone) than they seem to realize?
2. Do you find your child mindlessly passing time on a regular basis by using their computer, laptop, tablet, video game or Smartphone–even when there might be better or more productive things to do?
3. Do you find your child spending more time with “virtual friends” as opposed to real people?
4. Has the amount of time your child spends on digital devices and the Internet been increasing?
5. Do you wish your child could be a little less wired or connected to digital devices such as Smartphones, laptops, tablets, Internet, video games, etc.?
6. Does your child sleep with his or her Smartphone on under their pillow or next to their bed regularly?
7. Do you find your child viewing and answering texts, tweets, and emails at all hours of the day and night—even when it means interrupting other things they’re doing, such as schoolwork, meals, sports, or other family activities?
8. Do you limit, block, or filter Internet and digital screen-time access for your child?
9. Do you feel your child’s use of technology reduces their academic productivity and real-time socialization, family participation, or physical activity?
10. Do you find your child feeling somewhat ill-at-ease or uncomfortable when they accidentally leave their phone or other Internet/digital device in the car or at home, or when they have no service, or their device is broken?
11. Do you feel your child is reluctant to be without their Smartphone or other digital devices, even for a short time; when they leave the house, do they ALWAYS have their Smartphone or other digital device with them?
12. Do you find yourself feeling reluctant to limit or remove your child’s use of Smartphones, Internet or video games?
13. When you do limit screen access or take it away from them, do they have a strong emotional or physical reaction?
14. Does your child seem to lose track of time when they are using a computer, laptop, tablet, video game or Smartphone?
We’re here for you. Call us at 866-277-1413 or
Contact us today